Day 1:Nairobi-Naro Moru
Leave Nairobi for Naro Moru town for lunch. After lunch drive to the Hotel for the rest of the day and night acclimatizing.
Day 2:Naro Moru-Met Station
After breakfast leave the Hotel and drive to the main gate 2440m. where you start ascending the mountain through the rain forest for the nine kilometers to the Met Station 3050m. for dinner and overnight.
Day 3:Met Station-Mackinders Hut
After breakfast continue ascend through the heather and the moorland zones to Mackinders camp 4300m. for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Mackinders Hut –Met Station
Wake up very early in the morning around 2.30a m and attempt Peak Lenana 4985m. arriving during the sun rise via Austrian Hut and return back to Mackinders camp for breakfast and then descend down to Met Station for dinner and overnight.
Day 5:Met Station-Nairobi
After breakfast, descend the last bit of Mount from Met Station to Naro Moru main gate where you connect the vehicle and drive via Naro Moru town on your way to Nairobi where the tour ends.
Price: From US $575 per person sharing.
All inclusive Backpackers trekking price available on request.
What to bring on trekking either Kilimanjaro or Mt.Kenya?
- Waterproof rucksack with day pack
- Sleeping bag (covering at least 3 seasons)
- Roll mats and insulation pads
- Comfortable hiking boots, light walking trainers thongs (flip - flops)
- Gaiters (useful when encountering snow)
- Wooden walking stick / ski pole
- Sunglasses or snow – goggles, sun hat, balaclava or woolen hat
- Warm scarf, gloves, mittens and thermal underwear
- Sweaters / jumpers, anorak / raincoat, water and windproof pants, jackets, t-shirt, several pairs of socks
- Long sleeved shirt with collar, small towel, toiletries and toilet paper
- Sunscreen and lip salve
- First – aid kit and insect repellent
- Flash light (head mounted preferable) and spare batteries
- Pocket knife
- Water bottle
- Whistle, some plastic bags
- Camera with spare film and batteries
- Notepad with pen/pencil